The use of sanitary pumps is pretty common in certain industries, namely dairy, pharmaceutical, chemical, food processing and steel. The applications can vary, but sanitary pumps are typically used for pumping and transporting fluids, solutions, and slurries. Now, if you intend to buy sanitary pumps, there are a few things to consider.
- There are four major kinds of pumps used in different industries – airlift, jet, centrifugal and positive displacement, the last two being more common in the agriculture and food processing industries.
- Check for installation, which should be as simplified as possible. In fact, this is one of the first things that one must consider while discussing things with the manufacturer. Related aspects that must be on the list include suction and delivery lines.
- The size and purpose. Depending on the pump you choose, it can help or affect operations in different ways. Consider the major aspects, which include the flow rate, the product that will be pumped, viscosity of the mix, density, and temperature. The pressure in the system and the material in the pump are other pointers to note.
- In case of pumps, you need to find a manufacturer that offers sanitary replacement parts, as well. That way, you will never have any issues with replacement and repairs, if required in the future.
- Pricing is one of the other key aspects to take note of. However, some sellers have better technical expertise and experience and excel in offering quality services, which is why their prices can be a tad higher than the average, and that difference is worth paying for.
- Manufacturing standards and materials used are other aspects to take note. Go for manufacturers that are made in ISO certified plants and are compliant to standards set by 3A & FDA.
Sanitary pumps are often used for different needs and applications, and it is therefore wise to consider the long-term needs of your business, so that you can get benefits of a big order. When you compare things with a good manufacturer, ask for an estimate and try to understand why they are better than others. You can also take a look at their inventory and how long it takes to process orders. Ready stock is always handy for quick orders. As for the pricing, there are norms, which must be followed, but you can expect a discount with frequent or bulk orders.