Steel grating would be used in all kinds of industries, as it offers major benefits of providing safety and security to the machines and the staff. You would also come across various other gratings such as fibreglass and aluminium gratings. A number of companies would be manufacturing these kinds of gratings other than iron. It would support huge spaces and structures of polished floors, walkways and elevators. A majority of companies would make use of steel gratings for hygienic purposes. One good example would be the freezing industries where hygienic flooring would be used for livestock sheds. The in line benefit of steel gratings would make you easy to wash, clean and favour quick drying needs.
Benefits of steel gratings usage
The steel gratings offer a world of benefits to various industries. Some of them have been given below.
- It is safe and secure.
- It offers strong base for huge structures.
- It could be widely used for industrial purposes.
- It has lower maintenance.
Various types of steel gratings
There may be three types of steel gratings made available in the market as mentioned below.
- The 30mm centres would be available in steel and aluminium. It would support the heavy loading.
- The 40 mm centres would be available in steel and mild steel with aluminium. It has been deemed suitable for designing stairways, ladders, platforms and walkways.
- The 60mm centres would be available for grating in mining industries that could prevent spilling of material on the floor. It would be designed in a manner to allow spilling of small materials and stop the bigger ones. It would be relatively light and not suitable for heavy loading..
It would be pertinent to mention here that you could decide on the load bar for spacing as per the needs and requirements. However, the general need for thickness would range from 20 to 50 mm.
Industrial usage of grating
Industrial usage of grating would comprise the following.
- Hand rails and stair treads.
- Manhole covers and shelving.
- Earth mats and security screens for safety.
- Drain covers and sunshades.
- Flooring in various industries.
Therefore, steel grating should be an important application of steel and aluminium. It has been widely used for safety and usage of man and merchandise in the working place. Every design would require steel grating. It would be different based on the load sharing that it would be taking.