Keeping your home organized can be quite a task. With the increasing real estate prices, most home owners are opting for smaller properties, and thereby, there is always a dilemma about storing goods, furniture and other belongings. If you don’t want to throw or sell your personal things, the next best choice is to go for self-storage facilities. There are many options in most areas and states, but don’t choose one, until you have checked these 9 important points.
- The first concern is the genuineness of the concerned service. Ask family and friends to offer a few names of good storage services in the area, or else, you can find services on the web and ask them to offer references of their clients.
- Before you look for storage units Bradenton, make sure to ask for a quote. The prices are largely decided by the size of the unit and length of lease. If you need a unit for more than a year, you can try seeking a discount. Nevertheless, an estimate is important.
- What kind of security facilities is available with a service? This is an important question, given that you will trust a company with valuables. People store things like furniture, personal belongings with emotional value and even cars and appliances, and hence, security isn’t something worth compromising.
- Do check the office timings and working hours of the concerned service. This is extremely important, as you will need access to the units time and again. Having flexible timings is a good advantage in the long run. Also, make sure that the concerned service isn’t very far from your current location.
- Does the company offer assistance for packing and moving? Well, this is on the discretion of the service, but having such assistance can be handy. Do note that there is always an extra charge for such facilities, so make sure to get an estimate in advance.
- Maintenance and upkeep also require attention. Storage facilities often have issues of hygiene and pest infestation, which must be checked from time to time. Make sure that you check the premises of the company to get a firsthand idea of this aspect.
- Will the company take responsibility for damage and theft? If yes, to what extent? The policies and terms in this regard can vary in many ways, but nevertheless, this is a good point to check.
- Every storage facility has its rules, terms and conditions, which must be read in detail. For example, their services may be closed on certain days of the week, or some companies may require you to inform them before accessing goods.
- If you are unsure of how to choose a service, take some time to look at their website. Usually, you may find discounts on some sites, while on others; you can read reviews of other customers. Online portals have made it easy to access and evaluate services, and it’s worthy to make the most of it, especially for comparison.
Compare the options now and make sure